Mid-level JS/TS software engineers
As a Software Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work with a cutting edge
technologies that power Glide Publishing Platform as well as customer
Location: Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Work type: Hybrid with expectation to work a few days a week from the office.
Why are we hiring?
We’re growing! We are strengthening our Development team and looking for candidates to help us grow.
What level is the role?
We are looking for candidates that are the right fit for our culture and approach, and while relevant experience matters, fitting into our team is of utmost importance.
We can adapt to suit the best people, so the role level will be determined by your experience and ability to get productive quickly.
- Deliver Results
You will work in a blame-free yet highly outcome-driven environment. You will be committed to add value and will learn and grow at pace through delivering results.
- Feel Ownership
You will care about the team and the outcomes. You are a team player that will help colleagues so that we meet our objectives as a team.
- Insist on the Highest Standards
You will not turn a blind eye to things that are not good enough. We value feedback and want to improve the company in all aspects and at all levels.
- Have Bias for Action
Speed matters. We value calculated risk taking - many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. You are a doer.
- Earn Trust
You will listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. You are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is awkward or embarrassing. You will benchmark yourself and your team against the best. You will be humble and open minded.
As a self-driven, agile team member, you will be working with the development teams to improve the platforms, enable your colleagues, and design and implement cool new features.
Minimal Role Requirements
- Strong fundamentals, and good understanding and experience of how HTTP/HTML/CSS/JS/etc work at browser and server level.
- Typescript/React experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Being able to read Clojure or Java (to migrate apps in that stack to TS) is a small bonus.
- Solid knowledge of English.
If you meet the above requirements, have a thirst for knowledge and fit in culturally - do apply. Over the last 10+ years we have trained a large number of excellent engineers and will continue to do so.
You can earn extra points for any of the following
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with software development methodologies and development lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teammates in English.
- Excellent English-language technical writing skills.
You can look forward to
- Business trips to the UK (and elsewhere!).
- Visas to UK.
- Online Education.
- Free English lessons.
- Full pay maternity leave / Extended Paternity leave.
- Work From Home.
- National Day Bonus.
- Extra ½ hour for lunch.
- AWS Partner-only training and exams.
- Informal working environment, friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Extra holidays after 3 years.
Please get in touch by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title as a subject.