Platform Engineer / Devops
As a Platform Engineer, you will be working with all infrastructure aspects of
the platform - and solving problems through infrastructure-as-code solutions.
You will get an opportunity to work with a modern, cloud native solution powered
Location: Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Work type: Hybrid with expectation to work a few days a week from the office.
Why are we hiring?
We’re growing! We are looking at strengthening our Platform Engineering team and are looking for a candidate to join our friendly team.
What level is the role?
We are looking for a candidate that will be the right fit for our culture and approach. While relevant experience matters, fitting into our team is of the utmost importance.
You may be at the start of your career or you may already be an experienced engineer, or even an AWS accredited SA.
Role level will be determined by the experience and ability to get productive, quickly.
- Deliver Results
You will work in a blame-free yet highly outcome driven environment. You will be committed to add value and will learn and grow at pace through delivering results.
- Feel Ownership
You will care about the team and the outcomes. You are a team player that will help colleagues so that we meet our objectives as a team.
- Insist on the Highest Standards
You will not turn a blind eye to things that are not good enough. We value feedback and want to improve the company in all aspects - and at all levels.
- Have Bias for Action
Speed matters. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking. You are a doer.
- Earn Trust
You will listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. You are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is awkward or embarrassing. You will benchmark yourself and your team against the best. You will be humble and open minded.
As a self-driven, agile team member, you will be working with the development teams to improve the platforms, enable your colleagues and design and implement cool new features. Working on cutting edge software solutions utilising micro-service oriented architecture, you will be learning and utilising a wide variety of AWS services.
Your thirst for learning will take you through the AWS certification programme paid for by the company - as an AWS Advanced Technology Partner, we have an ongoing certification programme for all staff.
As a Platform Engineer you will
- Use tools such as Terraform to automate AWS Cloud infrastructure deployments
- Develop Platform Engineering solutions to help achieve highly available, highly scalable AWS Cloud powered products.
- Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure-as-Code tooling across multiple environments.
- Monitor and establish best practices for relevant services.
- Drive ongoing improvement across our platforms, automating away manual tasks and continually assessing opportunities to be better and smarter.
Minimal Role Requirements
- Basic networking knowledge of concepts such as DNS, VPCs, subnetting and similar
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts
- Basic understanding of web server concepts - Nginx or Apache.
- Cloud computing principles
- Solid knowledge of English language
If you meet the above requirements, have a thirst for knowledge and fit in culturally - do apply. Over the last 10 years we have trained a large number of excellent engineers and will continue to do so.
You can earn extra points for any of the following
- Primarily a knowledge of AWS services - GCP and Azure are also relevant
- Infrastructure automation using Terraform
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools: CodePipeline & CodeBuild, or Jenkins
- Production workload experience with Nginx
- Hands on experience with networking, ideally in a Cloud environment
- Experience with software development methodologies and development life cycle
- Effectively communicate to technical and non-technical teammates in English
- Excellent English-language technical writing skills
- Intermediate or advanced programming skills - bonus for Python, Go, or Bash
- Hands on experience with Docker
- 2+ years of experience working as a Developer or DevOps engineer
- A degree in one or more following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Maths
You can look forward to
- Business trips to the UK (and elsewhere!)
- Visas to UK
- Online Education
- Free English lessons
- Full pay maternity leave / Extended Paternity leave
- New Year presents for the kids
- Work From Home
- National Day Bonus
- Extra ½ hour for lunch
- AWS Partner only training and exams
- Informal working environment, friendly and supportive colleagues
- Extra holidays after 3 years
Please get in touch by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title as a subject.